This short course is taught in English.
It is common knowledge that cultural differences affect how we interact with others in business… but what is culture exactly, and how does it impact negotiation? This seminar will lead you to an overall awareness of your own culture and will enable you to be more precise about the different dimensions of culture - from one region or country to another – while helping you to avoid simplifications, clichés and stereotypes. With this seminar you will understand when and how cultural differences are likely to influence the different dimensions of a negotiation - the people, problems and processes. Armed with that understanding, your awareness, preparation and strategy will be enhanced when you are faced with negotiators from cultures and regions different from your own, from your ability to anticipate and react, to your negotiation flexibility.
Tarif : 1 800 € H.T soit 2 160 € T.T.C
|Date:||20 et 21 avril 2020|
|Lieu:||Campus du CNIT La Défense|
Comment financer ma formation à l'ESSEC Executive Education ?
- Better understand the definition of culture and know how to profile a country’s culture;
- Learn how culture influences the negotiation framework and the negotiator’s behaviour
- Learn how to profile a country’s culture.
- Identify the different types of communication across cultures at the negotiation table (high-context cultures vs. low-context cultures) and know how to interact adequately ;
- Understand how to handle different time perceptions at the negotiation table (monochronic vs. polychronic cultures);
- Master the etiquette differences;
- Know how to design and choose an adaptation strategy to overcome the cross-cultural gap;
- Identify the various decision-making mechanisms across cultures to influence them.
- Understand how cultural differences affect motivations, justifications, solutions at the table and solutions away from the table
- Analyze how culture impacts the team dynamics;
- Develop proper responses when having to deal with the challenges specific to mult…
Managers who negotiate in an international context