Doctorat, Université Paris IX-Dauphine.
Diplôme d'Etudes Approfondies (DEA), Université Paris IX-Dauphine.
Diplôme, Institut National des Langues et Civilisations Orientales.
Ecole Supérieure de Commerce de Paris.
Before March, 1991: Financial Advisor, Finance Advisory Department, French Board for Foreign Trade for 6 years.
From March, 1991 to 1993: Project Manager with Lion Propeco, a 100 % subsidiary of Credit Lyonnais which helps French and western companies expand into Central & Eastern European Markets. Responsibilities included:
1) Industrial and economic investigations
2) Identification and accreditation of prospective local partners
3) Project appraisal (joint-ventures, 100 % subsidiaries, others)
4) Assessment of financing requirements
5) Evaluation of partner's industrial plant (or part of plant if in "Combinat")
6) Provision of legal and contractual substance to agreements
7) Setting up and/or strengthening the structure to support the investment
8) Assistance in financing projects (equipment, working capital, market drives, other...).
France: French public financing schemes (export credits, CODEX, fiscal 39 octies (reserve for taxation); French-Hungarian & French-Polish protocols
managed by Credit National (joint-ventures).
EEC: JOPP procedure (Joint-venture Operational Phare Programme), Banque Européenne d'Investissement.
Multinational organizations, such as IFC or EBRD (Banque Européenne de Reconstruction & de Développement), through appropriate local institutions.
Guarantees (exports and investments)
. French COFACE and SOFARIS
. MIGA (World Bank Group).
Companies: Mid-sized firms and big groups (French, American, and Swiss companies).
Countries: Poland, Hungary, ex-Czechoslovakia, Bulgaria, Romania.
-Specific expertise on CIS Countries.