- Ph.D. in Marketing, The University of Melbourne
- Master of Business Administration in Marketing, Azad University-Science & Research Branch
- Bachelor of Science in Physics (Solid State), IKIU
Ali Shamsollahi is an assistant professor of Marketing at ESSEC Business School. His research interests revolve around interorganizational relationships, marketing channels, and dynamic research methods suitable for the study of longitudinal data. Additionally, Ali has held different managerial roles in industry with the last one being the deputy CEO in a large consultancy firm in his hometown.
- Interorganizational relationships; in particular relationship evolution and dynamics
- Dynamic repair processes of interorganizational relationships
- Research methods (quantitative & qualitative) for dynamic studies
- Marketing channels and B2B marketing
"From Data to Causes II: Comparing Approaches to Panel Data Analysis" (M. Zyphur, M. Voelkle, L. Tay, P. Allison, K. Preacher, Z. Zhang, E. Hamaker, A. Shamsollahi, D. Pierides, P. Koval, E. Diener), Organizational Research Methods, May 2019, Vol. 0, Issue 0
"From data to causes I: Building and using a general panel data model" (M. Zyphur, P. Allison, L. Tay, M. Voelkle, K. Preacher, Z. Zhang, E. Hamaker, A. Shamsollahi, D. Pierides, P. Koval, E. Diener), Organizational Research Methods, May 2019, Vol. 0, Issue 0
Teaching at ESSEC
- Marketing Management
Awards and Distinctions
- Department of Management & Marketing Revise & Resubmit Research Grant, University of Melbourne (with Danielle Chmielewski-Raimondo & Simon Bell), 2019
- Journal Publication Scholarship Award, University of Melbourne, 2018
- AMA-Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium Fellow, University of Melbourne, 2017
- Department of Management & Marketing Ph.D. Best Paper Award, University of Melbourne, 2017
- Department of Management & Marketing Teaching Fellowship, University of Melbourne, 2017
- Faculty Graduate Research Abroad Travelling Scholarship, University of Melbourne, 2015
- Melbourne International Mobility Grant, University of Melbourne, 2014
- Melbourne International Research Scholarship, University of Melbourne, 2014-2018
- Shamsollahi, A., Bell, J. B, Chmielewski-Raimondo, D. A. (2018), “Interorganizational Relationships Dynamics: A Systematic Review,” AMA Summer Educators’ Conference Proceedings, 29, BR-34-BR-35, Boston.
- Shamsollahi, A., Bell, J. B, Chmielewski-Raimondo, D. A. (2017), “The Process of Repair in B2B Relationships,” ANZMAC, Melbourne.
- Shamsollahi, A., Bell, J. B, Chmielewski-Raimondo, D. A. (2016), “A Dynamic Perspective of Relationship Repair,” AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings, 27, B-26-B-27, Los Vegas.
- Shamsollahi, A., Bell, J. B, Chmielewski-Raimondo, D. A. (2015), “Dynamics of Trust Repair in Dyadic Business Relationships,” ANZMAC DC, Sydney.
Affiliations and Academic Responsibilities
- American Marketing Association, 2015 –present
- Deputy CEO (Research and Consultancy), Dotic Group, 2010 – 2014
- Sales & Marketing Manager, Behsazan Jonoob Eng., 2005 – 2010
ESSEC Business School
Av. Bernard Hirsch
95021 Cergy Pontoise Cedex