More than ever, fast evolution of health systems, ways of life, innovations (i.e. interconnected objects) and economic challenges, individuals are more forced than ever to adapt their skills in order to manage change. On an individual level, these challenges necessitate more than just technical skills: they call on an ability to understand and analyze, on creativity, and on an entrepreneurial mindset focused on initiative and action. All these talents can be acquired in an institution such as ESSEC, which has been highly specialized in the health sector for more than 30 years. Participants’ vocations and the international perspective of the program make it key for participants to not only acquire knowledge but also to learn how change can be brought to today’s governance.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Develop their holistic thinking and their ability to drive strategic resilience
- Understand the evolution of health systems and their socioeconomic specifics
- Manage the biomedical innovations, their life cycles and their impacts on society
- Drive the performance and manage transformation
Compatible with your professional life, this program is organized in four segments:
- The common core segment, with major management challenges
- The "expertise" segment, which presents functional or sectoral specialization
- The elective segment, which allows personalization of the program (in person or remotely)
- The thesis segment, with the production and defense of the thesis, which should be presented within 6 months of the end of the program.
All courses take place on the campus of ESSEC Executive Education (CNIT, Paris-La Défense).
To validate their diploma, each participant carries out a professional thesis and supports it in front of a jury, at the latest 18 months after the beginning of the program. An expert ESSEC professor follows each participant individually throughout the production of the thesis.
The thesis leads to concrete solutions or recommendations, and allows candidates to be valued on several points:
- their academic and managerial knowledge acquired throughout the training;
- their ability to conduct a complex study;
- their analytical and synthetic mindset;
- their ability to be proactive facing global business challenges.
A study trip is organized to immerse the participants at the heart of a different health system, for them to meet its decision-makers, its public authorities, to discover its industrial processes and visit its companies. This international outlook represents a unique opportunity for each participant to remain competitive in front of pioneer models, directly transferable to their own professional environment.
Part of the classes are taught in English by international experts, coming from both academic and industrial worlds, so as to put participants in front of the global challenges of health industries. The limited class size encourages the sharing of experiences and testimonies between actors, coming from varied professional and cultural backgrounds.